The 2014 season will be the nineteenth for the McLennan Ross Junior Golf Tour. The Tour is organized through the offices of Parcom Marketing Inc. in Edmonton. Parcom Marketing Inc. is a full service advertising and marketing agency with an extensive background in the golf industry in Alberta.
We have several goals for the Tour.
- Provide Junior golfers in Alberta the opportunity to develop their golf games in a series of coordinated tournaments throughout Alberta in a fun, but competitive environment.
- To make the tournaments challenging for the elite level Junior golfer, but also to provide young players just starting out their first exposure to well organized tournament competition.
- To give back to the development of Junior Golf in Alberta by assisting host courses with funding for their Junior development programs.
- To fund scholarships in the Tour's name to the Alberta Golf Scholarship Foundation to assist worthy young Albertans in furthering their post secondary education.
- To provide excellent value for Corporate Partners in the Tour through a comprehensive publicity and marketing campaign promoting the Tour.
The Executive Director of the Tour is Dunc Mills of Edmonton.
Dunc has been a Director of Alberta Golf since 1990, and has previously served as a Director of the Edmonton Golf Association and on the boards of numerous golf clubs throughout Alberta. He has been the Executive Director of the Tour since its inception in 1996. Dunc has an extensive background in golf tournament administration at the local and provincial level in Alberta, and his own competitive tournament experience gives him a very good understanding of how to effectively operate and administer Junior golf tournaments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our frequently asked questions page will get you all the information you need.